The goal of this sprint was to agree our approach to the different problems we had to solve in the project around data models, who were we engaging with and how etc. in this sprint we:
You can watch our Sprint 1 show and tell here.
- Had several deeper-dive briefing sessions to help onboard new project team resources and get them fully up to speed – these included:
- A walk-through of the Phase 1 work (e.g. the outbound call-scripts and email collateral that were developed and tested) and we had a demo of the existing PowerApp solution (currently being used to capture customer and interaction information).
- An overview of the ‘Life Event’ interviews and life journey mapping and the early risk / needs modelling approach that was developed.
- Reviewed the overall proposed workplan and developed more detailed briefs and plans for the User Research and Service Co-Design work to be delivered over the next 3 sprints.
- Clarified the Phase 2 scope and discussed some of the assumptions made (as these hadn’t all been fully documented previously). This helped us further develop our shared understanding of the HDC requirements and the potential gaps etc.
- Developed and discussed a high-level system design, which will continue to be iterated and expanded in more detail by the team over the coming weeks.
- Attended an intro meeting with the newly expanded SAVVI Project Team, to discuss their input/support in this phase and alignment of our delivery plans. We agreed that the weekly coordination meetings (which include a MHCLG-LDU rep) added value and would continue during this phase, to ensure regular and effective communication between the 2 projects.
- Discussed development of the project impact ‘Monitoring & Evaluation Plan’ with an economist from the Local Digital Unit. He shared a ‘Theory of Change’ based template for completion, ahead of further discussion and iteration over the coming weeks. This appears to be a relative new approach for MHCLG, however they have advised us that this will be a key element required for any future successful funding bid.
- Started more intensive external stakeholder engagement, with a project briefing at the ‘Huntingdonshire Community Coordination’ meeting, which is attended by reps from the Recognised Organisation (ROs – HDC-approved VCS organisations). We asked for their ‘on the ground’ insights and input to help us co-design the new service/tool. Their initial response was positive and enthusiastic, with many of them very supportive of this idea and keen to engage.
- Held the first Sprint Review (Show & Tell session) to share the work completed so far with a wider group of internal/external stakeholders and other interested parties (inc. reps from the SAVVI project and Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council).
- Held the Sprint Retrospective session, which prompted some good discussion about what was working, and what wasn’t, for team members so far. We identified a couple of early lessons learnt and the team agreed several actions to implement in Sprint 2.
- Completed the Sprint 2 Planning session, with the team refining the sprint goals, that had originally been proposed in the PID, to better fit the slightly revised work-plan.